Blog

Home Forums Bazik life Version 1.02

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bazik
    Participant

Version 1.02 | Bazik – Live visual software for your music show

First at all, I want to thank all the people who have already download and purchase Bazik. Many of you made me great feedbacks !
    Some one had bugs that we solved together. That’s help me to improve Bazik.

A priority bug and some minors have been corrected for this 1.02 version.

– Rewrite OSC server (because it can crash Mac 10.9.5 offline)
    – Add GLSL “shift” param, very usefull for GLSL creator
    – Improve Textfields
    – Create the Updater app

Here is the link for update app :
    bazik-vj.com/download/bazik-update-102b.zip

Simply drag n drop your bazik.app in, and it is update ! You can create a clone before and just update the clone to be safe.
    Remember, the forum is open, if you have any problem, or if you just wanna say you love Bazik !

Maxime
    Participant

Any suggestions for the next update are always welcome.

To do list :
    – Add admin fullscreen mode with black background
    – The possibility to close render window when Syphon is running
    2 points are linked, and are not really easy, because I need to find a way to stay compatible with PC.
    feelingfaceform
    Participant

Great thank you.

Some thoughts:
    Didnt figured how to create slower movements: everything I get is very “flashy” which is nice, but sometimes I wanted to get something “smoother, or better slower moving”. Also the volume controls could react more sensible for softer music: I am using SoundSyphon as input source, so that works fine. As I am VJing also to classical music, the loudness is different there.
    Maxime
    Participant

You can use the eq to adjust the sound input

… and Automation has 2 modes : click the circle next to “auto” for choose the level “Soft” or “Normal” (check FAQ for more details).

This is for the actual possibility about this point, but I know that it’s not really what you think about.

Bazik was created for DJs (and by a dj!) who want to put their music easily into video motion; this is why the presets are more suited to electronic music, focusing on the rhythm rather than melody. I worked a lot in this direction and I think it is successful for that use. 

Over time I realized that this tool could be useful for other styles of music: rock, salsa, classic, or TV show (oh my god, french tv shows are very bad in vjing ). That’s why now when I create new free preset, I’m looking in any direction, and if you try the first pack I just publish, you can find smoother presets. It’s just the beginning, but I try to satisfy everyone 🙂
    feelingfaceform
    Participant

Thank you for engagement! I understand your intention. I´m sure its a good development to think in different styles/genres and open it up.

All the best,
    Alex
    P.S.: for that one again I didnt get a notification 
    Maxime
    Participant

Yes, I have some troubles with this board (vanilla forum), specially with spammers, I need to find an expert to help me…

feelingfaceform
    Participant

Good luck finding an expert for vanillaforums. Interested finding one here in Vienna/Austria

skulpture
    Participant

Hi

We use the BotStop plug in on the isadora forums.
    Graham
    Bazik
    Participant

Thank you for help ! 

Now user need valid his email before post, it’s a little less friendly but efficient.
    skulpture
    Participant

You need it trust me – without it you end up with thousands of spam users each day! 🙂

Maxime
    Participant

Done ! 🙂

feelingfaceform
    Participant

Good to know about BotStop. Also tried to create a forum via Vanillaforums and soon stumbled upon that problematic.

imackay
    Participant

Firstly love bazik,

Having OSC crash problems in 1.01

1.02 Update renders the app unbootable

System Version: OS X 10.10.5 (14F1605)

Kernel Version: Darwin 14.5.0

Bazik
    Participant

Hi Imackay,

Please try the last current version 1.10 available at home page, normally it’s run without trouble.

johncgaiser
    Participant

The updater renders the app unusable and will not open. 

Help?
    Maxime
    Participant

Your right John. 

The updater as some troubles, that’s why I need to work on an other way for next update.
    The best way for update now is to download the last version on the home page. If you need, you can get your data folder in your oldest version and drag and drop it into the last version (replace all the path) so you can get your preferences. 
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.