Blog

Home Forums Bazik life What we put in the next version ?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Maxime
    Participant

Currently in 1.02, Bazik grows step by step.

Please use this post for suggestions for the next update.
    Maxime
    Participant

To do list :

– Create only 1 app that is limited (demo) and that can be activate.
    – Add an optional black fullscreen background for the admin.
    – Possibility of close render window (only Syphon).
    – Improve the automation : break isn’t work properly
    I don’t know if all would be in the next update, but it’s the roadmap.
    skulpture
    Participant

– A live text input would be awesome. To be able to type in a Dj name, etc – and if it could bounce around and move to the music that would be amazing.

– A basic PNG overlay feature – for logos/branding (I know that sucks sometimes but it is handy!)
    – Full screen.
    I can probably think of more….
    feelingfaceform
    Participant

I was also thinking about input possibilities (text, syphon video, etc)

smr
    Participant

Great work!
    – Possibility of close render window (only Syphon). is what i really want to see asap.
    Also double click to reset values would be great.

skulpture
    Participant

Yes actually Syphon In would be nice also.

Maxime
    Participant
    About text & png, i don’t think that Bazik is made to do this. Bazik is focused on simply create abstract animation for music performance. Animated text or PNG is, in my opinion, a other job and need probably a specific app (maybe the next one ;)).

Syphon Inside would be a nice feature.

skulpture
    Participant

If there was a Syphon In then there would be no need to have text/PNG in because you could do that else where – although saying that there are not many live text softwares out there… only really custom quartz. VVVV, coge, PD stuff. 

Maxime
    Participant

New user suggestion : add Copy and Paste capability for text area (specially for the license key).

johncgaiser
    Participant

BPM tap with measured adjustments to the 3 inputs. 

I really like the simplicity of the GUI though…. 
    kidkadian
    Participant
    feature request : 

1.) i would love a hue ( slider or knob FX )  so i can change these current colors with out having to open the color menu. 

2.) copy and paste for SN / activation
    3.) per FX reset button ( or method i like the double click idea )
    4.) a way to link audio data to fx knobs … i use it with vdmx and i send osc data but would love for it to just do it in app so i would have to run both at once 
    Bazik
    Participant

Work in progress for the next release :

– Copy/Paste activation
    – Hide render (with Syphon / Spout)
    – Save Auto & Eq Levels
    – Add simple Warp (4 points) to the render
    skulpture
    Participant

What does hide render do exactly?

Maxime
    Participant

With “hide render” you can simply hide the render window.

This is specially for Syphon & Spout user.
    skulpture
    Participant

Oh cool – sorry was having a daft moment. Sounds good.

skulpture
    Participant

I agree with this:

i would love a hue ( slider or knob FX )  so i can change these current colors with out having to open the color menu.”

as @kidkadian  said.

I think changing the colours can be harsh, would be nice to be able to MIDI/OSC map a colour so you can glide and ‘perform’ with them. Currently I change the colours in an external software via Syphon (Isadora)
    Maxime
    Participant

I don’t have find a really good compromise for color manage and I’m really interest by suggestion. Sometime you need to use only predefined colors, to be in the graphic guidelines of a event. But it’s not a fun way to manage colors.

I have to think about Hue Slider…

Just to know, you can use keys for random changing color :
    ‘c’ for color 1
    ‘v’ for color 2
    ‘b’ for color 3
    ‘n’ for color 4
    SauceMonster
    Participant

Bazik is super rad but I would love to have the option to hide Bazik’s output window while using syphon.

It seems that you have embraced this idea, I’m curious when you think that you will implement it?
    Thanks in advance, I love Bazik!!!
    skulpture
    Participant

I am really liking using two copies of Bazik and then mixing them together in a separate VJ software (isadora) via syphon.

So how about a DECK A and DECK B with a simple cross fader in the middle? Like a DJ set up?
    skulpture
    Participant

ohmsweet
    Participant

Maxime, as we talked about, the ability to select a specific audio input channel from a multi-inputs soundcard would be great! ;). I own a MOTU Microbook 2 and Bazik listen to 1 and 2 input channels only. Not 3 and 4 which would be the right ones because are line inputs. Many thanks! 

feelingfaceform
    Participant

Is it possible to run 2 BAZIKS and mix them in Isadora?

skulpture
    Participant

Yes it is @feelingfaceform You just duplicate the app.

skulpture
    Participant

– A live text input would be awesome. To be able to type in a Dj name, etc – and if it could bounce around and move to the music that would be amazing.

– A basic PNG overlay feature – for logos/branding (I know that sucks sometimes but it is handy!)
    – Full screen. 
    Bazik
    Participant

Thanks for help, every suggestions must be study 🙂

Maxime
    Participant
    Next update :

– Multiple Spout Output (rename each output as Syphon)

– USB Microphone compatibility
    – Select multiple audio input from 1 hardware
    About a dual mixing with mixer, it’s of course a nice idea, as PNG or Text, but for the moment it’s not the feeling of Bazik that is a simple standalone tool or plugin. 
    But i think about this feature, maybe they are coming in an other software : Bazik Vj Pro ? Bazik Creator ?
    skulpture
    Participant

Hey @Maxime 

Yes; I think it could a secondary/bigger/better version. I understand the idea of simple standalone tool or plugin. Defiantly something to think about. 
    sara
    Participant

Hi Maxime!

Thanks for Bazik! How about an option to connect it to dmx/midi/ableton? That would be supercool but it’s possibly heaps of work…! 
    Cheers!
    Maxime
    Participant

Hi Sara !

Some users used already Bazik with Ableton via Midi. The midi config is really easy, but there is no DMX option for the moment.
    Please check the support page for more informations about MIDI conf.
    johncgaiser
    Participant

Hey @Maxime 

Just wanted to check in. We have been using your app for a straight year and loving it. 

Any good news on the future of Bazik? 🙂
    Maxime
    Participant

Hi John, and happy new year !

I’m currently work on the project (some hours pro week) but i’m alone on the project, and have an other job because Bazik is an “users success”, not a “commercial success” (average 100 licences today).
    I want to be honest and think about the economic model so you can continue to use the software, and I can earn enough money to invest time in this amazing project. And your help is really helpful !

Maybe a crowfunding ? But I’m not good for communication, marketing campaign…
    Maybe a PRO version with more features and more expensive ? But I’m not sure people want spend more money, and I can understand that…

Any other ideas ?

An other point is the PC version. It take me a lot of time, but not a creative time, just “compatible/debug” time… and the PC hardware world is really complex… Lot of work for… just some users. But I love the idea that this software can be use on every computer.

Now about features, there is lot of ideas on the desk !
    – Shortcut Spout / OSC
    Just add keyboard shortcuts for active / unactive

– Syphon input
    So we can imagine chain some Bazik !

– Add text and pictures
    Work is in progress 😉
    – Easy create/edit preset
    Really ? Yes it is possible, with a simple control script, but it’s a long work…
    – Hue Slider
    In fact, I would like to completely redesign the effect part with new possibility 🙂
    – Ipad version
    Why not ? It can be cool to have a small hardware solution.
    – Hardware module
    A dedicated controller ? A friendly dmx module ?
    – Secret project
    Bazik is the first step of a global project, more informations in 2016.

In any cases, Bazik would continue, because it is the software I always wanna have, and i love it for my party 🙂

And you, what do you think about the future of Bazik ?
    skulpture
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I want bazik to even more successful for 2016!

An iPad version could be really cool – especially maybe for the iPad Pro?
    I still think a Pro version could be Two Bazik softwares integrated into one screen like my screenshot above. Then you could ‘mix’ between the two like a DJ – or even MIDI map a DJ cross fader to it so a DJ can really control the visuals? 
    Maxime
    Participant

@ skulpture

Ipad / Ipad pro version make sense for me, to have a compact hardware solution 🙂
    About the Pro version with 2 decks, it’s a good idea; what do you think about a stand alone 4 channels mixer, so you can add 1/2/3 Bazik and maybe other syphon softwares ?

skulpture
    Participant

I think 3 or 4 could be too many – but that’s just my option. 2 would be ideal.

If you had lots of options for blend modes or mix modes that would be amazing!
    Addictive
    Subtract
    Difference
    Colour burn
    etc
    etc
    But also just a basic A <> B 
    Have you seen this also? Would be a nice integration? 

Keep in sync with DJ, Ableton Live tacks, etc? 
    Maxime
    Participant

Your absolutely right about Ableton Link, this is the new way for Sync performance.

About the Mixer, i dont know if it must be inside Bazik or external. I like modular approach, Bazik is “just” a synth, that you can plug in a mixer like Resolume or other. That’s why I was thinking about a simple AV mixer with Channels and Blend modes as you say.
    But i love your idea of 2 decks and a simple mixer, like DJ software. Think think …
    koochey
    Participant

+1 for Syphon input 

– it would be great to load own content (.gif .mov .mp4 .jpg) into the slots
    – fullscreen mode without the need to turn off OSX’s seperate spaces
    – Midi Learn for the 4 Color slots to change color via Midi control
    – Midi Learn for ALL presets on the preset page – so you can easily access more then 8
    – also i would like to have something like a midi trigger signal – so for example that Midinote C1 or CC36 triggers the LOW / C#1 or CC37 MID / and D1 or CC38 the TOP – a selectable Midichannel would be helpful
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.