Blog

Home Forums Bazik life New Features Discussion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ale
    Participant

Bazik is already fantastic and I really like the way it works and its simplicity. Having said that it would be interesting to discuss potential new features to make it even better. What I would like to see in the future are a couple of things:

BPM Sync
    Tap to tempo style (and MIDI), something similar to Modul8 BPM module would be perfect. BPM could be used to sync the FX and the composition parameters. 
    LFO Sync
    Similar to the BPM Sync it would be useful to have a couple of LFOs (sine, square, random) to modulate Bazik parameters in time with the music, the LFOs should be able to sync to the BPM (perhaps integrating BPM and LFOs together).
    What do you guys think?
    Maxime
    Participant

Hi Ale, thanks for your ideas.

Your request is legitimate, but i’m not sure is it for this product. I explain me. 
    Bazik would be a “ready to play” software that can be easy use by everyone. I have work a lot around Sync Bpm and create a powerfull audio engine but for the final user I really want that he don’t have worry about it. 
    That’s why, for this product, I don’t want MIDI Sync or complex connexion; run Bazik, plug your projector, and let’s go ! 
    You are making drum & conga ? It’s work ! You are computer liver ? It’s work ! You are a old school dj with turntable ? It’s work ! That’s the philosophy for this product.
    But your request is really interesting and Bazik users are separate between “novice” and “advanced vj”. I’m going to think about a Pro product with more precise parameters.
    I hope Bazik become a suite of plugin where everyone can find account. We can write this story together and I’m open and ready to change my mind
    Ale
    Participant

Hey Maxime,

Thanks for your answer, I have tested Vezér to create some midi LFO and it works very well with Bazik.
    Some form of basic BPM would still be nice but I get your point, perhaps in Bazik 2.0 🙂
    Maxime
    Participant

If you share something about what you do with Vezer it would be great because I don’t know this software.

Ale
    Participant

Hi Maxime,

In Vezer I simply create a couple of midi tracks and assign them to the controls I want to automate in Bazik (using midi learn). It works very well and it’s simple to set up. You can do the same by using Ableton, Numerology or any standard midi sequencer.
    Maxime
    Participant

Waow ! Video welcome 🙂

I am going to try to pilot Bazik with Ableton soon. Do you think that Ableton can send Midi direct to Bazik ?
    Ale
    Participant

Hi Maxime, yeah sure, it should work no problem! 🙂

skulpture
    Participant

I can do a tutorial on this if needs be. Ive already had it working with Ableton 9.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.